Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 1 - 2342

Psalm 1:1-3
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.



meditating on God seems to be, at times, a natural thing to me. conversations with God, letters to God, personal journal sharings, were once all intimate things that are not so constant now. for a long while i had kept to myself, thrown commitments and the 'difficult' spending of time alone with God to a more convenient excuse- that i simply was talking to God on a regular basis, that is, in my thoughts and in my running through of life.

but, the thought also occured to me, that if you treated your girlfriend or person you love like the things that are 'regular' and average, how is that special? how is that tuning in to what they REALLY want to say to you?

and it dawned on me that i cannot do this alone without the overwhelming temptation to cheat my way thru with as much cunning as faith would allow :D so i thought i'd create this blog for accountability, so i hope you can participate and also actively do the 30day devotion and discover for yourself, the state of YOUR personal walk with God.

for starters, i hope everyone around me will find the beauty and strength that is beyond any normal beauty enhancements or strength serums!



i'm gonna fast my free time spent doing nonsense. and cut down on distractions. what are you in for this 30 days?
make sure it counts ;)


But the king replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing." ( 2 Samuel 24:24 - NIV )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home